Thursday, January 21, 2010

Weekly update 1.21.2010

hey family, how is everything? nothing much new with me, just enjoying my time in the mission. so ill start with what i did today, so last night we went over to the other elders apartment and we stayed there, i guess the plan was to go to the beach for he sunrise again, but no one woke up. then we met up with all the elders in at the center and we played some Frisbee for a little bit. then we went to the river out in Costa Bonita, just a little bit outside of quequen, and me, my comp and another elder wanted to fish so we put some string on a pole with a hook and bait. no luck but it was still fun. then the other elders ditched us so we left and that wraps up my day. it was really fun but it seemed very short. so i gave a talk on Sunday, just the usual short Jason classic but i thought it went well. it was on repentance, so i got up there and told the young men to stop with the maaaaasturbation, and for the girls to stop watching Disney channel and stop reading romance fantasy novels. then i sat down lol just kidding, but it would have been funny. for me at least. but me and my comp were joking about it and it reminded me of dad. hey so i was thinking if you guys ever wanted me to send anything to you guys, if so let me know and ill find some stuff. well i have some pictures to send you but I'm not able to send them form this computer so ill try from another, if not ill pass by later this week, but they're mostly from the river where we went today. well I'm sure looking forward to my transfers this coming Sunday, ill finally get a new comp. i hope he has a little bit more desire to work, i really just want to get a baptism before i leave. at our current pace it wont happen for a while. but its only one more week. its weird to think that I've been here that long, I'm just glad that the time has gone by so fast. well i really don't have a whole lot to say this week, ill try have more next week, maybe i bring my journal again with everything I've done. well i love you all, hope you're all doing well, have an awesome week, elder Seegrist
oh and to help you out a little stuff with ideas for meals, i can get any pasta thinkable for cheap, that and rice, basic fruits and veggies, theyre not insanely cheap but i can make it work, the only things that are a little bit more are meats, there about right in the middle. not expensive but not something where i can eat a nice steak everyday, lol.that and eggs are cheap, so really about any bread or rice based foods will be best, for salads they dont have dressings down here, i would have to make them, hey also how do you make tortillas, i had a giant craving for tacos last night and im thinking about eating some tonight or sometime this week, also i cant find too many hot peppers, just real basic, like bell peppers and stuff. also some simple sauces that i can put on rice and stuff like that, also how do you make chili? that sounds really good, so really its not a whole lot different than home as for prices, but thanks for helping i really appreciate it

If anyone wants to post recipes, I will send them to Jason. I know he will appreciate anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment